Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Long Sprint Home - Day Two

Sorry for another relatively short post, but you'd be amazed how little energy you have to write about a day of nonstop driving.

Just for reference, here's what we've done since lunch Tuesday. Yesterday was Ogden to Lincoln, a lovely little drive that took us across both Wyoming and Nebraska (is it weird to anyone else that those two states share a border?)

Below you will see the state capitol of Wyoming in Cheyenne, where we ate dinner last night. The only restaurant we could find downtown was the Albany, which triples as a bar and a liquor store in addition to being an eatery. Talk about one stop shopping.



The only other real news of notes is that I had my first run-in with law enforcement personnel last night about midnight. But good news! It was only for not coming to a complete stop at the top of an off-ramp where I was stopping to get gas and a got off with a warning. Finally these good looks come in handy.

You'll notice that the bobbymap has been updated, while the scoreboard has not. That's because I keep forgetting to check my mileage when I park for the night. That said, I am well over 6,000 miles for the trip, which is fun.

No comments: