Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Evenflow As You Are

Monday was the last big city of the trip - Seattle, Wash. No plaid, depressing grunge rock or rain here, though. It was a beautiful day, and it featured the debut of a special guest that will be joining me for the rest of the trip - Lauren, official girlfriend of the Drive For 5-0. She's done with finals and helping me make the 3,000-mile sprint home by Friday, which is awesome because I was starting to talk to myself and that's never good.

Anyway, Monday morning I made the short drive into the city from Marysville and settled into the city. I don't think I can overstate how nice the weather was/still is. Lauren said the flight attendant told her it was only the second time she could remember flying into Seattle and the sun being out. Needless to say, I've gotten lucky again. Here's hoping that it won't run out before North Carolina.

After walking down to the famous Pike Street Market, I eventually found what I was looking for - a place to eat sushi for lunch. I had three rolls - spicy crab, tuna with mango and cashews and shrimp tempura. They were all excellent, as you might expect.

I rested for a bit back at the hotel before picking up Lauren from the airport, and we immediately headed down to the Space Needle to get there before dark. It was worth the trip...(look for the fading Mt. Ranier in the background)

So the overwhelming thought for the day was that I was completely spoiled by a perfect day in Seattle.

Today we start the long, not-so-slow journey home, but not before a stop in Portland, which is located in Oregon, which is state No. 50! After that it's back east by Friday.

3 comments:

Eman said...

While I do not condone speeding, you may want to look at the following site to maximize your car's speed on your return trip:

Eman said...

stupid HTML tags...

http://beartraps.com/

dpnation said...

did you get the fresh donuts at Pike's market? soooo good. the owners are slightly frightening though.